Time to Get Sidetracked!!!

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Stella Artois beer


ok, First off, in the San Francisco Bay Area, Stella Artois is getting heavily promoted in the financial district. That's one of the reasons that I even heard of this beer. Sounds fancy, fancy billboards, so they did a great job of getting at least my attention.

They even got the attention of Costco in downtown SF. Last week cruising through the beer aisle, to my amazement, I saw them selling Stella Artois. So I said, what the heck, I gotta at least try it. A friend of mine, she tries to act snobby and sophisticated by the way, said she loves this "Italian" beer. First off, Artois does not sound Italian at all!!! If anything, it sounds French, but I know the French aren't known for beer. So I got hold of a bottle and found out that it is Belgian and I know they are well know for beer, just like the Germans and Dutch.

Hey, Heineken was not well known to most Americans until 10 years ago. So cool sexy tv commercials and ads made it a must have for yuppies. So Stella is following in Heineken's footsteps. It's worked so far.

So anyways, I wanted to see what all the fuss is about and I'm not gonna pay 8 bucks to drink this at a bar. So Costco sells them for around 23 bucks for a 24 pack. Not bad at all! Comparably priced to Coronas and Heinekens.

My first impression when I drank it was that it was a little on the light side. Kinda bland. But then half way through the bottle of beer, I realized how nice it really is!!! Virtually no aftertaste like Heinken, better flavor than Corona, and it gives you a very nice buzz. I'm not a beer aficionado to tell you about the hops and barley and all that shit, but for the average joe like me, you'll gonna really enjoy it. For one thing, I know it goes great with food, doesn't overpower but complements. Hey, those Belgian bastards been perfecting this shit since the 1300's!!! At least that's what the label says.

Final opinion: Very clean, smooth aftertaste. Nice beer for a mellow night out, or to pair with a nice dinner. Don't waste your money trying to get wasted on this, however, it does give u a nice buzz. Worth the money.

No comments:

You Tube clips y'all !!!